Hello people. It’s Mr. Wada back on duty. Christmas is right on the corner. Do you have ideas already what food to prepare? I have a suggestion for your Christmas dinner, that is, ‘roast’ beef’! I used a rice cooker to cook it instead of an oven. So, you could try it easily.
Super Easy Rice Cooker Recipes: Roast Beef
500 grams of beef (eye of round roast)
some salt & pepper
1 1/2 tsp of butter
1/2 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tsp of chiken soup powder
4 tbsp of water
You need a thermometer to check temperature.
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the beef, scrub, and tenderize by fork.
2. Grill beef (only the surface) for a few minutes on both sides.
3. Get the meat out, cover with saran wrap, and put into a ziplock (let all air out).
4. Pour plenty of hot water (about 59 °C/138.2 °F) in the rice cooker, and press KEEP WARM button.
5. Place the meat (packed in ziplock) in the rice cooker, close the cover and leave it for 60 minutes.
Make sure the temparature stays above 54 °C/129.2 °F (the rice cooker will do but just in case, check every 10-15 minutes for a few times).
Preparing the Sauce
Transfer the juice of the meat (from the ziplock) into the pan. Add all the sauce ingredients and heat up for a bit. And, it’s done.
Pour it over the sliced roast beef. Tada!
How do you find it? Well, it isn’t only for Christmas. It would be very satisfying for a night that you crave for something meaty. Please try it and let me know how it goes.
See you around!