Hola amigos! It’s Mr. Wada back on duty. I would like to introduce a Guesthouse & Bar Hitotomaru in Takeno, Toyooka Ciity (nearby Kinosaki Onsen) this time.
Guesthouse & Bar Hitotomaru in Takeno, Toyooka Ciity
Guest house Hitotomaru is located in Takeno which is a 15-minute drive or just one station to JR Kinosaki Onsen Station (a 20-minute walk from JR Takeno Station). The owner (a Japanese couple) are fairly friendly and helpful. They would also help for information like where to go or how to access, etc.
You could grab a beer either at the bar counter or at tables downstairs. It seems the locals come in and party sometime.
Kitchen facility is available to guests. You could bring your own food or cook something as you like or even just chat at the table (like we did).
There are dormitory rooms and some private rooms. Ours (below) was a dormitory type. We had other two guys over the partition but it didn’t disturb us much.
It serves breakfast and dinner (it’s your choice to take or not). A good opportunity to taste the local but you need to inform the owner in advance.
Neighborhood is peaceful. Very relaxing.
The beautiful Takeno beach is only a block away form the guest house. It is one of the most popular spots in summer. Well, it looks awesome in winter still, don’t you agree? (below)
Upside and Downside
For reference, I would like to list up upside and downside that I found.
- Easy access to Kinosaki Onsen town. (a 15-minute away by car)
- Close to JR Takeno station.(a 20-minute walk). Kinosaki Onsen is only one stop away.
- Ideal for budget travelers since rates of accommodations in Kinosaki Onsen town are quite high.
- Very close to the beach. (best in summer)
- There are very few options for eating out (though you can eat at the guest house as I mentioned). There is a lawson convenient store near by as well.
- There is a free parking but it is a 5-minute walk away (a bit tough in winter).
|Name||Guesthouse & Bar Hitotomaru (ひととまる)|
49 Takenochō Takeno, Toyooka-shi, Hyōgo-ken
|Website (for reservation)||https://hitotomaru.com/en|
How do you find it? Ryokan, guest house, business hotel, etc. It is good to have alternatives for accommodation anyway huh? Hope it helps.
See you around!